Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Facebook or not Facebook?

I first came to Facebook because I wanted to find an American friend I had no news from. I added my family, and my friends. Then I noticed that some of my favorite writers were there too. I felt like a little kid in a candy store when I sent them request and they accepted it. That was fun for awhile, but something was missing…

I decided then to have another account, where I could really be myself and share with people who had the same interest than me: MEN.

God, what a year it’s been! I met wonderful people and some of them became real friends to me. I had a ball!

Today, I’m not having so much fun anymore. People are not talking as much to me as they used to and I frequently find myself staring at this damn screen, waiting for some fun. And that makes me wonder if I still want to be part of this world. Do I really want to be that dependant?

My biggest flaw is to be too much involved in this virtual friendship. I just can’t make a difference between real life friends and FB friends. Sadly, not everybody feel the same, and I find myself too implicated when my “friends” are not. Where I found happiness before, now there’s only sorrow and sometimes anger. Anger because I feel left out, and I don’t know how to deal with that. I am too demanding and people are getting tired of it (which I understand, but I can’t help myself).

So there’s the question…Do I want to stay there and continue to hurt myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment